Matthew Pinsker holds the Brian Pohanka Chair of Civil War History at Dickinson College. He has published two books and numerous articles on Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War era, including Lincoln’s Sanctuary: Abraham Lincoln and the Soldiers’ Home (2003). He has served as a visiting fellow at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia and leads annual K-12 teacher workshops on the Underground Railroad for the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Abraham Lincoln: Private Man, Public Leader
- Lincoln and War Powers: The Doctrine of Electoral Necessity
- Lincoln and Emancipation: New Evidence and Old Theories
- The Underground Railroad and the Coming of the Civil War
- How Should We Remember? The Civil War at 150