Thomas Alan Schwartz
Thomas Alan Schwartz is a professor of history at Vanderbilt University. He has written extensively on America’s relations with Europe, especially Germany, and his research concerns alliance politics and the modern American presidency. He teaches courses dealing with the history of U.S. foreign relations, the Vietnam War, and the Middle East. He is currently writing two books: a biography of former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and a short history of the Cold War.
- Henry Kissinger and the Dilemmas of American Power
- The Water’s Edge: Domestic Politics and American Foreign Policy Reconsidered
- Realism or Retreat: The Obama Doctrine in Historical Perspective
- The Cold War as History
- LBJ Revisionism: The Johnson Years Reconsidered
- The Vietnam War as History
- Presidents on Tape, 1962-1973: What Can We Learn From Listening?
- “Pain That Cannot Forget”: September 11th in Historical Perspective